An author is listed if
- The author meets the requirements for SFWA membership, which are e.g.
'Three Paid Sales of prose fiction (such as short stories) to Qualifying Professional Markets'.
See here for a list of Qualifying Short Fiction Venues.
- Note: Early fantastic fiction authors (Wells etc.) are currently not included. See the Links page for sources for 'pre-genre' SF.
Note: Throughout the site, the term "story" refers to works of any length, including novels, but excluding poetry.
A story by a qualifying author (as defined above) will be listed if
- 1) It has been published in one of the SFWA's Qualifying Short Fiction Venues, such as
one of the major print magazines (Asimov's, Analog, F & SF) or one of the following:
- 2) It has been published in another professional market (paying $0.05+/word), such as:
- 3) It has been published in a semi-professional market (paying $0.01+/word at least up to 4.000 words), such as:
- 4) It has been published in one of the following established (but non-professional) webzines.
These are mainly included for historic reasons, but would not actually qualify under the current policy.
Stories published elsewhere (even in paying markets) and unpublished stories will no longer be added in most cases.
They are often available via the respective author's homepage though.
To summarize, all fiction from the magazines displayed above will be included (if the author meets the requirements).
- What I'll link to: Stories (and novels) from professional print and online magazines and anthologies.
- What I won't link to: Fan fiction, self-published fiction, unpublished fiction.
Non-SF. Stories that cannot be downloaded. Poetry. Microfiction (stories shorter than 400 words).
- For everything in between: See the detailed link policy.